Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Best I Can Do Is Bow

I was recently speaking with some dear friends about Gods and Gurus. One of my friends made a declaration that created a huge response inside me. He said that he would, "...never again bow at someone else's feet..."

There was honor and a deep sacrement of self-empowerment in his statement.  A proclamation of freedom and sovereignty that highlighted his liberation as a man from any form of victimhood.  In essence he was saying that he no longer needed to bow at the feet of anyone else because he was so deeply established in his own autonomy.

Self-knowledge, self-responsibility, self-reliance; these seem to be high attainments in our culture.  If a man or woman walks into a room and everyone can sense that s/he can take care of themselves and is basically at ease in themselves, this is considered a tremendous accomplishment.

Even though I myself acknowledge and respect a completely self-sufficient individual, and even though I respect the autonomy that comes with not needing to bow at the feet of anyone else, it is not respect or admiration that woke up in me when my friend spoke those words.




When he spoke something happened in me which almost brought me to tears right on the spot.  I almost fell to my knees upon hearing my heart's wisdom exploding in my own mind, "I would bow at the feet of ANYONE...!"

While skillfully choking back my tears I realized in an instant that there was no one, no thing that I would not bow before, that I would not lower my head and heart to pay my respect to.  Men, women, murderers, kings, infants, cripples, beggars, sages, insects, elements, deities, thieves, animals, galaxies, etc... All things manifest and unmanifest came into the center of my heart, and I knew directly without thought or reason that there is no person or thing that is not absolutely sacred.

I don't know how I knew this, and I don't know why it would be important to bow before any and all manifestations, but the simple fact is there will never be a way for me to repay the generosity of this life that I've been given... And so, in gratitude, the best I can do... is bow...

Every day, I bow...  I bow in gratitude to all that I am and all that I've been given.

I don't think I will ever understand the sacredness in all things and my impulse to bow to that sacredness (in all its forms).  I just know that it's the most important thing I can do, the most important part of my day, the most important gesture I can offer back.

To me, that sacredness is the Source from which all creations emerge.  That Source is the engine behind all hearts beating, the silence between all sounds heard, the energy that animates all of our thoughts... It was Source that awakened in me when my friend was speaking and did that anyoying little tap on my proverbial shoulder, "Psst, hey, by the way, every being in existence came from Me (Source)...; take a knee, bro..."

I bow to you because you came from Source, and I bow to you as that Source.  You are not beneath me or above me.  We came from Source and everything returns to that Source.  No, we are not the same in our form, but we are the same in our source. No, we don't have to practice the same religion or agree on what political party to support, but we can agree on our source.  Oh, you like strawberry?  Rad, I dig mint chocolate cookie.  Let's agree that all flavors of ice-cream come from the same source!

You don't have to bow to anyone else.  That is my own way of paying respect to all of Life...  But I do urge you to consider this:  If there is something in this life that you feel does not deserve your respect, something that you willingly, automatically, or unconsciously withhold your love from, find out what needs to move in you to allow that love and respect to flow again... Commit everything to that...

Until there is nothing left in this world that I would not give my love to, that I would not bow to, I am not free.  Giving my love freely does not mean that I condone, agree with, or support it, it means that I love it without conditions.

Love without conditions is experienced as freedom...

I want to be free.  I want you to be free.

I bow to you.



CLICK HERE to experience a Transformational Healing session with Sarkis Love!
www.SarkisLove.com





10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! Feeling this deeply!
    I bow to you too! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an honor to receive you in that bow; mahalo

      Delete
  2. I love this. Dear Sarkis, I bow to you. <3

    I also wrote a blog post about my moment of recognition of the divinity of all things. http://thesilverraintheshiningsun.blogspot.com/2010/01/the-blessings-of-insomnia.html

    ReplyDelete