Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Death, When Can You Come and Play Again?

This poem was inspired by a dear friend whose papa just died...


When Death comes, always greet Her with a smile on your face.
Wait patiently, then open the door quickly just before She knocks!
When Death enters the room, pretend you don’t notice, then quickly turn and say, “Boo!”
When the sun is high in the sky, jump on the shadows and try to catch Death’s shoelace.
Try to say that three times really fast:
Catch Death’s shoelace, catch Death’s shoelace, catch Death’s shoelace!
Ug. I can’t do it.

At night, tell Death She can visit you in your dreams.
(Oh, and She can also have the rest of the pudding you didn’t finish at snack time!)
At the beginning, Death spoke softly to me as the doctors tried to get me;
She held me so gently...
Once, I saw Death hiding in the sadness of a person's eye;
She winked at me from behind the sadness.
Death sometimes takes me on field trips;
She never gets lost!
One time, Death gave me a piggyback ride. And a lollipop.
I knew it was going to be ok.
When Death talks, I can see the whole sky and aaall the stars!
I snuck up on Death the other day, “Tag, you’re it!”
We fell down laughing.
Death, when can you come and play again?


CLICK HERE to experience a Transformational Healing session with Sarkis Love!
www.SarkisLove.com



7 comments:

  1. My fav thing I've read of yours so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and good morning to you, Sarkis. Thank you for this poem. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for directing me to this gently defiant challenge> Nice, neat and profound but not portentous. I enjoyed it enough to repost if Blogger will let me (It is a bit of a dog in the manger is Blogger) I am sure it was John Dockus who led me to your piece, he is a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      At the bottom of the post, just below the last lines of text, are little buttons that you can share or repost with; I'd love that!
      Blessings to you :).

      Delete
  4. So grateful in knowing your relationship with the body's transition. I have been "planning" my fantastically orgasmic passing for many years now. I trust it will be Onederfull one way or another. Imagining the great ways to Go has been a pleasurable contemplation. I may not get to choose to Go as I've imagined, but either way is simply OK with me. One benefit of this contemplation has been losing all fear of dying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew….what a gift of joy and freedom flowing through you Sarkis!! Love and gratitude!! ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhhh. I felt a relaxation in my system reading this, like there's this place in my chest thats unconsciously constricted at all times around death, in fear. What a joyous party it could be, this friend death. Beautiful reframe in my body as I read

    ReplyDelete